Our functional digestive enzymatic complex Digenzymex TM provides a wide selection of enzymes that naturally assist the body in the breakdown of carbohydrates, proteins, lipids (fats), fiber and lactose.
This special combination of enzymes works across a broad pH range to support digestion and optimize nutrient absorption resulting in enhanced body metabolism and energy level.
Digestive Enzymes and Our Health
It is important that we learn of the natural ways of relieving and preventing intestinal gas (flatulence), gluten intolerance, irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, bloating, diarrhea and constipation. Meanwhile, supplementing with the combination of different digestive enzymes contained in our Digenzymex TM nutritional supplement – at the beginning of a meal – may provide support to achieving overall better digestion of the nutrients that could be obtained from it.
Here is a brief description of the functions of twelve (12) of the most important digestive enzymes found in our dietary formulation:
- Proteases support protein digestion.
- Aspergillopepsin helps support gluten digestion.
- Amylase helps break down starches.
- Lipase is essential to digest fats.
- Cellulase helps digest fiber cellulose, which is widely found in grains, seeds, vegetables, and fruits.
- Glucoamylase help digests the sugar found in the grains which are known as Maltose.
- Invertase help digest sucrose (sugar).
- Alpha-galactosidase helps digest carbohydrates.
- Lactase helps digest the sugar in milk which is called lactose.
- Peptidase help digest gluten found in the grains and casein in the milk. However, the enzyme does not play any role in the treatment of celiac disease.
- Bromelain – is a protein extract derived from the stems of pineapples and which may support in assisting the body’s digestive mechanisms in reducing very large, complex protein molecules into smaller peptide units or individual amino acids.
- Papain – enzyme extracted from the papaya fruit (Carica papaya) – which helps support the breakdown of tough protein fibers.
You may not be familiar with the significance of the digestive enzymes before, but they play an essential role to maintain a healthy body.
According to nutritionists and scientific researchers, the supplementation with Digestive Enzymes may assist support the promotion of the following benefits to our health:
- Help prevent indigestion (and a possible resulting stomach inflammation).
- Assist promoting immune system function balance, support increase metabolic rate, assist in weight management.
- Help promote both cardiovascular and liver health, assist in alleviating the symptoms of joint inflammation and pain as well as promoting bone health.
- Help facilitate the promotion of health of diabetics, assist in preventing the possible condition of “leaky gut syndrome.” (where undigested protein components travel through the intestinal wall and end up building in the bloodstream).
- Help promote a smooth and clear skin condition.